About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Sunday 1 February 2009

On the brink

Its all feeling a bit unreal - but exciting. The electricians are in today doing the testing for the landlord's certificate. The final (hopefully) part of the redevdelopment. And I already have 2 tennants waiting to move in. I started to do viewings last week - of the 3 people I showed around 2 have said yes and I think the other would also have said yes if it wasn't so far from his work. This is very encouraging. They are both interesting people and it will be a pleasure getting to know them. I feel a mountain of paperwork coming on as I rush to get induction folders together and get instructions for using the appliances made up. I'm also wading my way through the changing legislation relating to private landlords (and to think one of the reasons I got out of child care was because it was so heavily regulated and stifling creativity) Still, I guess we have a long way before we get to the same state as Children's Law.

Thursday night was great - nothing special for my friends but fantastic for me to just be out with no workmen to get up for the next day. And I went to the gym on Friday morning. The mucsles remembered and it felt like I had come home. That seratonin stuff really works. I was nigh on bouncing home, buzzing, on a high from feeling that every muscle in my body was alive. God, I hate being unfit.

So, on the brink of new profession and really looking forward to it.

0 comments: