About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Sunday 1 November 2009

Memory lane

Just had a previous resident of my house in B'ham pull up outside the house while I was seeing off the French guy who had come for some help with his psychology assignment. He said he used to live here as a child, moved in 1991. His family moved while he was away at boarding school and he's never been back inside - driven past a few times. The place held very happy memories for him. I invited him in - he was almost in tears as he explained he'd just been to see his mom's grave and what special memories this house had for him. Used to be five siblings (4 boys and a girl) plus parents. He's a nurse now at QE hospital but a bit of a rebel in his younger days - hence the boarding school. Told me there used to be a pear tree at the bottom of the garden with a tree house which was his den. Then he kissed my hand, thanked me, gave me a hug and left. How random is that.

0 comments: