About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Friday 22 January 2010

Lost Court Case

Well, I don't mind admitting that I was totally gobsmacked when the judge found in favour of the drainage man today. It took a long time and a lot of questions but in the end he decided that I owed for most of the work carried out. Prior to going to court I had handed over the whole case to divine intellengce/the universe/God and made my mind up that I would go with whatever the judgement was so long as I did not compromise my integrity or my authentic self.

The final judgement including costs and interest came to just over £4700. If I'd been willing to compromise prior to the judgement the drainage man was asking for half that figure. This may seem strange to say but I will feel more comfortable paying what I'm told I have to pay because I still do not believe I owed him any more than a fraction of that. To have agreed to a compromise would have been doing things for expediency and in the end I had to do what was right - so that I am able to look myself in the mirror and know that I have remained authentic.

I have been in this position before when things have not gone as I expected them to - when I have known an injustice to have been done. On all occasions there has either a) been an unseen reason which has worked to my advantage later on or b) the person has not benefited from the injustice. I am aware enough to know that one of these will become evident in time. In the meantime I'll just carry on enjoying life without any regrets.

0 comments: