About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Tuesday 18 August 2009

Fusion

Got the passport. After days of chasing around to get proof of address at the banks, doctors and optitians all they asked to see on the day was my marriage licence. It took four hours and £114.00 and I walked out of the office in Peterborough with a new passport. Mrs Dixon it is now - an e-passport and a picture that makes me look like a criminal (no smiles allowed).

It feels great to be getting back into performing. Did a bellydance workshop on Sunday with Dawn O'Brien on two different styles - Fusion and American Folk something. It was so good my friend and I booked some private sessions with her and had the first one tonight. It's so different having someone making sure your posture is right, that the moves are being done correctly and to have time to drill the moves to build muscle memory.

Have to find a way to fuse bellydance and poetry on stage - can I do it by the end of November for 'Positively Red'?

0 comments: