About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Monday 5 January 2009

An oasis

I woke up this morning and for a few delicious moments lay in bed relishing the thought that there would be no workmen today. I didn't have to set the alarm, didn't have to rush out of bed half asleep to open the door, didn't have to put on a bright perky face when all I wanted to do was go back to bed. I lay there in the dim light and smiled, stretched out like a starfish and savoured the feel of the sheet against my skin. It was 10 a.m. before I got up - oh what a long time since I could endulge myself like this.

We spent the day writing a snags list with no enthusiasm to attend to anything on it. I made some feeble attempt to dismantle the stereo (yes stereo its over 30 years old) then gave up and phoned a friend. Yes I reminded myself, it's possible to have a social conversation in the day.

Andrew made an attempt to fit heaters in the utilities room as the forcast is for -8 degrees tonight, and I made an attempt to sweep another layer of dirt off the kitchen floor. Tomorrow we'll make a more concerted effort to start on the snags list - today was just deliciously quiet and peaceful.

2 comments:

janilizi said...

lunch?

Predencia said...

Would love to do lunch.