About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lesson 16 - You are what you think

'I have no neutral thoughts'

The idea for today is a beginning step in dispelling the belief that your thoughts have no effects. Everything you see is a result of your thoughts. There is no exceptions to this fact. Thoughts are not big or little; powerful or weak.They are merely true or false.

As I drove down the M42 this morning in the bright sunshine which was bringing little heat to the frosted grass,and glistening icy roads, I longed for the Beach in Barbados, and wondered what thought brought me here instead of there. The truth is that I'm here and must find pleasure in the winter or wish my life away.

I spent most of the day creating a new website for Writers Without Borders on Wordpress. I say I, but it was mostly Andrew with me assisting with content. A virtual world that we created from out thoughts? What makes that one different to the one I face every day? The exercise for the day was -

'This thought about....is not a neutral thought.'

I found it hard to stay positive today, a result of scrutinising every thought and knowing that I was creating whatever I was unhappy with. Still, I'm very happy with the results of the new site.

0 comments: