About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Saturday 21 January 2012

Lesson 20 - Determined to see



'I am determined to see.'


The exercises for today consists in reminding yourself throughout the day that you want to see. Today's idea also tacitly implies the recognition that you do not see now. Therefore, as you repeat the idea, you are stating that you are determined to change your present state for a better one, and one you really want.

I was sent sufficient challenges today to really practice this lesson, from the lateness of the Zumba teacher this morning to the landlord who I believe bullies her tenants to hide the fact she may be acting illegally. I say may because I will have to seek legal advise on Monday the matter to be absolutely certain.

Whenever I encountered bullying, or lying, or aggressive behaviour today, I found it enormously helpful to repeat the lesson 'I am determined to see,' and what I saw was naked fear, to which I tried to send love. Wasn't always as loving a I could have been. On a scale of 1-10, perhaps 7. But then, I am work in progress.

This picture, taken in Aberdeen about ten years ago ,reminds me of the illusionary nature of what we see. How easy would it be, if we didn't know different, to believe the lights were in the water, and not simply a reflection.

Wrote another couple thousands of words on the novel today, nearing completion of chapter 4.



0 comments: