About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Friday 27 January 2012

Lesson 26 - Watering the flowers



'My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.'

It is surely obvious that if you can be attacked you are not invulnerable. Because your attack thoughts will be projected, you will fear attack. And if you fear attack, you must believe you are not invulnerable. Attack thoughts therefore make you vulnerable in your own mind..Attack thoughts and invulnerability cannot be accepted together. They contradict each other.

6 practice periods of 2 minutes each today. Repeat the idea for today, review any unresolved issues which are causing concern with closed eyes. First name the situation:

'I am concerned about...............

Then go over every possible outcome that has occurred to you

'I am afraid......will happen'

Repeat the following

'That thought is an attack upon myself'

Having to focus on the things that are unresolved and causing me concern made the day feel very negative. It brought up fears I wasn't even aware I had, and outcomes I wasn't even aware I was thinking about. It made me realize how insidiously fears seep into the subconscious, can bypass the positive stuff you're working on, and rest, unnoticed in some crevice, eating away at one's self-confidence and self-esteem.

There were times during one of the practice periods when I felt sick from the realization of what I've been giving living space to in my thoughts. These horrible self limiting thoughts are like the weeds I talked about earlier, the minute you take your attention off them they grow new roots. Tony Quinn talks about needing to be a good gardener who water the flowers and pull up the weeds. I've been focusing on watering the flowers in the hope that they would flourish and leave no space for the weed. I think there may have been some roots left behind though. I have some serious weeding to do, to allow the flowers to bloom to their full potential.

A powerful lesson.

0 comments: