About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Thursday 16 July 2009

2 days to go

I spent two and a half hours getting my nails done today. It was fantastic. I sat in a wonderful chair that massaged my back while a very attentive nail therapist gave me a pedicure and painted pretty pictures on my nails. Why have I never done this before? I certainly think it will be somethinhg I'll be doing a lot more of now - at least once a month.

Lots of wins today. All the stuff delivered the Belfry (main events manager responsible for the wedding is ill, we've been assured she will be back by Saturday) but didn't get to taste the curry mutton. I forgot to ask and the work experience assistant probably didn't know about the tasting. Maybe tomorrow but it's now at the stage where I'm just going to have to trust that the chef gets it right on the night.

I go my hair done. Hairdresser coming on Saturday morning to make sure I'm properly styled but the groundwork has been done. Huge complements at my bellydance class tonight.

All presents bought. Number one son has his shoes and I've managed to get all sons all agreed on a time for checking in at the Belfry. They will allow us to check out at 2 p.m. on Sunday, three hours later than normal checkout, on account on our anticipated late night on Saturday.

Friends arrived from New York, Barbados and Finland today.

It's been a long day but I think the meditation this morning helped to stretch the hours and foster a sense of calm - or was that the back massage? Quite a bit of running around tomorrow but I feel that I've broken the back of it now!

0 comments: