About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Saturday 4 February 2012

Lesson 34 - A point of view

'I could see peace instead of this.'

The idea for today begins to describe the conditions that prevail in the other way of seeing. Peace of mind is clearly an internal matter. It must begin with your own thoughts, and then extend outward. It is from your peace of mind that a peaceful perception of the world arises.

Three 5 minute practice sessions are required to look at your inner world, with eyes closed, to find any fear thoughts, or anxiety provoking situations, people or events. You can tell yourself specifically,
'I can replace my feelings of depression, anxiety or worry (about this situation, person etc) with peace.

Today the temperature was well below freezing before the snow began. As the wind howled around my ears and the tips felt like they'd been bathed in hydrochloric acid I whispered 'I replace by feelings of resentment with peace.' After three goes, I felt surprisingly calm and was able to relax my body instead of hunching it against the cold. Call it mind over matter if you will, but I felt warmer.

0 comments: