About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Saturday 18 February 2012

Lesson 48 - Nothing to fear

'There is nothing to fear.'


The idea for today simply states a fact. It is not a fact to those who believe in illusions, but illusions are not facts. In truth there is nothing to fear. It is very easy to recognise this. But it is very difficult to recognise it for those that want illusions to be true.

Today's practice periods will be very short, very simple and very frequent. Merely repeat the idea as often as possible. You can use it with your eyes open at any time and in any situation. It is strongly recommended, however, that you take a minute or so whenever possible to close your eyes and repeat the idea slowly to yourself several times. It is particularly important that you use the idea immediately, should anything disturb your peace of mind.

The presence of fear shows that you are trusting in your own strength. The awareness that there is nothing to fear show that somewhere in your mind, though not necessarily in a place you recognise as yet, you have remembered God, and let His strength take the place of your weakness. The instant you are willing to do this there is indeed nothing to fear.

It was great to have such an easy lesson I thought this morning as I read it, especially as today was the performances of Romance is Dying. The run throughs and tech runs were nail bitingly close to the matinee performance, which played to an audience of approx forty. The evening show played to a packed house (the theatre actually oversold tickets and some people had to be turned away) All the actors really raised their game and put on a good show.

My peace was disturbed by a tenant not giving the correct notice, but not for long as I repeated today's lesson. My peace was disturbed when I found a parking ticket on my car when I went back a few minutes late to put more money on it. I repeated today's lesson. One person who'd booked to come to the show pulled out, I repeated today's lesson. I am realising that fewer and fewer things are disturbing my peace. I was also repeating yesterday's lesson, 'God is the strength in which I trust,' and the lesson from the day before, 'God is the Love in which I forgive.' Together they are a powerful set of affirmations, totally grounding and liberating.

0 comments: