About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Tuesday 14 February 2012

Lesson 44 - God is my light

'God is the light in which I see.'

Today we are continuing the idea from yesterday, adding another dimension to it. You cannot see in darkness, and you cannot make light. You can make darkness and then think you see in it, but light reflects life, and is therefore an aspect of creation. In order to see, you must recognise that light is within, not without. You do not see outside yourself, nor is the equipment for seeing outside you. An essential part of this equipment is the light that makes seeing possible. It is with you always, making vision possible in every circumstance.

Today we are going to attempt to reach that light with three 3-5 minute practice periods, similar to that used yesterday. Begin by repeating the idea with your eyes open, then close them and repeat the idea several times. Then try to sink into your mind letting go of every interference and intrusion by quietly sinking past them. Try to observe your passing thoughts without involvement, and slip quietly by them. If you are doing the exercise correctly you should experience some sense of relaxation, and even a feeling that you are approaching, if not actually entering into light.

The lessons are getting longer and more abstract, they are the beginnings of meditation and our connection to the light source. I've been doing ascension meditations alongside ACIM and feeling the benefits. I was more calm today (in fact someone at rehearsal tonight told Roger he thought I had a very calming influence on the group), even though there was plenty I could have been upset about. However, I focused on the things I can be grateful for. A great session with Lord Leon today, he showed me his estate documents and his change of name by deed poll, now that he's been accepted into Lorddom. His dad rang to ask me what it felt like being the son of a Lord. I laughed for a full minute. We did the new Usain Bolt Fass Class which nearly wiped me out!

Read from Dare to Love at the WWB Valentine evening at The Coffee Lounge. Sold the five books I took with me - could have sold more if I had brought more. It's the first public reading I've done from it. (See pic) It was very well received. The whole evening was absolutely splendid (ate a few more chocs than I should have done, but it is Valentine after all. No card this year. Not even e ones. I reflected on how, once upon a dark time ago, this would have upset me. In the light, none of this matters. Nice if it happens, OK if it doesn't.

Rehearsal went really well - everyone has stepped up their game. I'm feeling more confident now, as is Roger.



0 comments: