About Me

My Photo
Predencia
A few years ago I decided to start a new career as a performer. I used to be a biology teacher but couldn't face walking around in a white coat all day teaching children who didn't want to learn. Actually it wasn't so much the children as the system cause I think all children want to learn - they just don't all want to learn in schools. Anyway I now work as a Life and Executive coach. Work is perhaps not the right word because it never feels like work. I just love to see people grow and change. I love it when they peel of the layers of limiting beliefs and find their true self. And I make some great frends in the process. I've re-discovered my writing and have published two poetry books and now working on 2 CDs, a novel, a book of short stories and talking to someone about a collaoration on a film script. That should keep me busy for a whild. Oh and I do bellydance.
View my complete profile
Wednesday 15 February 2012

Lesson 45 - God is the Mind

'God is the mind with which I think.'


Today's idea holds the key to what your real thoughts are. They are nothing that you think you think, just as nothing that you think you see is related to vision in any way. There is no relationship between what is real and what you think is real. Nothing that you think are your real thoughts resemble your real thoughts in any respect. Nothing that you think you see bears any resemblance tho what vision will show you.

You think with the Mind of God. Therefore you share your thoughts with Him, as he shares His with you. They are the same thoughts , because they are thought by the same Mind. Where, then, are your real thoughts? Today we will attempt to reach them.

The three 5 minute practice periods will take the same general form as yesterday's idea. We will attempt to leave the unreal and seek for the real. We will deny the world in favour of truth. And we will also try to remember that we cannot fail in doing what He would have us do. Begin the exercise by repeating the idea to yourself with closed eyes. Then spend a fairly short period thinking a few relevant thoughts of your own, keeping the idea in mind. After you've added 4 or 5 thoughts of your own idea repeat it again and tell yourself gently

'My real thoughts are in my mind. I would like to find them.'

Take a minute or two to repeat the idea throughout the day.

When I read today's lesson (and this is only a small fraction of it) I really felt I needed a degree in gobbledygook, but I kept reminding myself that I didn't have to understand it, I just had to do the exercises. Interestingly, as the day went on, and I had to remind myself on a number of occasions that God is the Mind with which I think, I found myself questioning whether God would be bothered with some of the thoughts I was thinking. Would he let petty irritations go or would he give them valuable time? Would he let thoughts about insecurities occupy valuable space in His mind. Gradually I became more and more aware of when I was thinking ungodly thoughts, and let them slide on out of my mind. Two things happened as a result. 1) I let things go that I couldn't do anything about, and 2) I took action on things I'd been putting off for a while. There is still so much rubbish getting in the way of me being a pure channel. I hope today's exercise helped to clear some of it away.

Other things that happened today. I reached the 200 page mark in the new novel, 50,000 words. I'm really enjoying it now.

Discovered Dare to Love in being featured in The Nation newspaper in Barbados over the next three weeks. Hope my friends have saved me a copy of the papers.

I went to see a friend tonight who was watching a programme on childbirth while dressing her Maltipoo dog Luka in his Christmas hoodie and booties. I think she's ready for a baby

0 comments: